Technology Spotlight: Why We Love Our iTero Element Scanner (and why you will, too)
Dr. Yael Kryzman is a dentist in Dumont, NJ who understands the goals of patients who are ready to realign their smiles. With popular treatments such as Invisalign, Dumont area patients can now achieve a more attractive smile without covering their teeth with brackets and wires like traditional orthodontia. Invisalign is a popular option that utilizes clear tray aligners to achieve results. Additionally, preparations to create these trays include 3D imaging devices such as the iTero element scanner.
How the iTero element scanner works
After patients have been evaluated to determine if they are good candidates for Invisalign orthodontics, the preparations for creating the trays begin. This is done using the iTero element scanner. This technology is one of the latest ways to capture images of the smile for either diagnostic purposes or the planning of procedures such as dental implants or Invisalign. In fact, patients who are having images completed for upcoming Invisalign treatment will have a series of impressions done digitally beforehand. These 3D images are then used by the Invisalign laboratory to create custom plastic trays. The trays are used to realign the smile and achieve the desired final results. The iTero element scanner is a handheld device that looks like a small wand. It creates a 3D model of your current smile, commonly used for fabricating Invisalign trays or preparing for dental restorations such as dental crowns or porcelain veneers.
What are the benefits of iTero element scanners in preparation for Invisalign treatment?
The professionals at Palisades Dental Care have chosen the integrate the iTero element scanner into their practice for several reasons, including:
- The speed at which scans can be taken. A detailed 3D image of the smile is captured in less than ten minutes.
- Elimination of messy dental impressions. In the past, patients would need to use messy, thick materials to create dental images. Now, digital technology does the work, ensuring a more comfortable experience.
- Accuracy of the scans. The iTero element scanner provides precision images that are effective for planning specific dental treatments such as Invisalign or dental restorations like crowns and veneers.
- Easy to view images. Dr. Yael Kryzman and her team love the images that are compiled with these 3D scans. They are saved as image files in the computer software and allow everyone on the team to assess the smile and prepare for treatments. For patients considering Invisalign, these 3D images are used to give patients an idea of how the process will work and what needs to be corrected with treatment. These images can also be easily stored and recalled as needed for the dental team.
- Affordability. Digital scanning is incredibly affordable for both dentist and patient, as products such as trays and molding materials do not need to be regularly reordered.
- Comfort. There is no pain or discomfort while these images are taken, making the visit to the dentist’s chair anxiety-free, even for those who are nervous about attending their dental appointments from past experiences.
Are you interested in learning more about Invisalign treatment near you? Dr. Yael Kryzman is a dentist in Dumont, NJ ready to provide patients with solutions for their smiles, including the popular Invisalign treatment. If you are thinking about Invisalign or any other type of orthodontic treatment, it is vital that you talk to your dentist at Palisades Dental Care. The team can determine if you are a good candidate for this desirable alternative to traditional metal brackets and wires. With a thorough evaluation and dental history, our team can make recommendations based on your unique situation. Call (201) 568-9811 to request a consultation visit at 47 East Madison Avenue to discuss Invisalign and the preparatory services to create the smile of your dreams!